We want to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website are quite rightly concerned to know that their data is being used lawfully. We take our responsibilities under Data Protection Act, and subsequently GDPR, very seriously and we want to comply with the spirit and the letter of guidance provided by the Information Commissioners Office.
You can find information about ICO at their website: https://ico.org.uk/
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, and personally identifiable information collected at this site.
The law requires us to determine how we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
1. INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
When you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to use this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of contract.
2. INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
3. INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This can include your personal information.
4. WEBSITE USAGE INFORMATION
We do not associate such information with an identifiable person.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our website to operate for you
- to operate our content management system
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. The cookie is set on your arrival at our website and deleted when you close your browser
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time
When we receive a complaint, we record all of the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify anyone.
7. USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
8. RETENTION AND REVIEW OR UPDATE AND REMOVE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We keep your personal data only for as long as required by us to provide the services you have requested, comply with the law or to support a claim in court. You may review or update the information that we hold about you, or if you wish, request the removal of any information about you from our website.
To do this please contact us at: email@example.com